Friday, April 23, 2010

Workplace, Playground?

I am in the office at 7 in the morning, to beat the jam, i try to check my mail etc before 8 and my boss just gets into the office, calls me to ask me to sort his email....questions arise:
"Why is the wireless network not working? Do we need to buy a new access point?"
No, i answer him, we've had a few problems with power and our UPS is not stable so we need to reset and reboot the switch..
Then we have a meeting till 7.55 talking about new ideas, promises (which never happen soon anyway).
At 8 i am already on phone with quite a number of clients with different issues, and by 10 a.m. i am already tired...of thinking where to start from....I am confused..I am my own boss in this but I got no one to delegate activities...it is a 8 hour day for God's sake!!!
I work 12 hours a day to accomplish this...am I paid for it? NO!

No comments: